South West Metal Finishing are looking to hire Laboratory Technician immediately & Laboratory Supervisor DOE!
Job Title: Laboratory Technician.
Travel Requirements: Based at South West Metal Finishing, Marsh Barton, Exeter, although the position will require to liaise with other sites and suppliers.
The role of the Laboratory Technician is to provide day to day laboratory analytical support to an aerospace surface treatment manufacturing facility, maintaining quality control and full compliance to all customer standards.
Cultivating an atmosphere of continuous improvement and an ethos of open communication that embraces the vision, mission and strategy of the business.
The Laboratory Technician is accountable for the following:
- In a safe and careful manner, collect chemical samples for testing;
- Carry out routine solution analysis and testing in accordance with internal procedures and approved test methods;
- Environmental, Health and Safety compliance testing of atmospheric and effluent samples;
- Troubleshoot and rectify technical issues including liaising with suppliers;
- Maintain laboratory records and associated databases;
- Support and liaise with the Production, Quality and Environmental departments;
- Maintain 5S and keeping the laboratory clean and tidy;
- Work closely with the laboratory team to create an effective and supportive environment;
- Where possible complete calibration and general maintenance of all laboratory equipment;
- Attend team meeting and offer input and ideas as and when able;
- From time to time, you may be asked to do other duties outside of your job description, but within your capability;
Key Performance Indicator’s
- High Quality Services – Process control – External RFT – 99.8%
- Keen interest in science with the ability to follow procedure and processes;
- Able to demonstrate an ability to learn and adapt to change;
- Effective interpersonal skills, such as communication & active listening;
- It would useful but not mandatory to have worked within a manufacturing environment;
- Would be beneficial to have worked within an aerospace environment;
Discipline in mathematics, chemistry and have a board practical understanding;
Computer literate. For example, Microsoft office;
Current core hours of work:
As per contract terms and conditions
Some overtime may be required as necessary to complete tasks.
NB: These hours / shift patterns may change depending on operational requirements and are covered by contractual arrangements.
If you are qualified to these standards or higher, then please call us to find out more.
Call us now on 01392 258234 and ask for Matthew Hawkins.
Or you can email Matthew – MatthewH@swmf.co.uk