Get in touch today to speak to a member of our team for further advice on our processes, coatings, or to make an enquiry.
The Company Will:
- Assess the aspects and impacts of the companies’ activities on the environment both locally and Settingsly.
- Ensure it is compliant with all relevant and applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Be committed to continually improving its environment performance.
- Effectively manage the efficient use of natural resources and raw materials in conjunction with reducing the amount of waste it produces.
- Develop and raise the environmental awareness of all of its employees.
- Where practicable provide environment
The basic facts of REACh: –
- Came into force on the 1st of June 2007
- The legislation is managed by (ECHA) European Chemicals Agency Applies to all substances manufactured and imported into the EU
- If a substance is added to Annex XIV it’s uses will banned without an Authorisation from ECHA
- Even if an Authorisation is granted it will be for limited applications, a limited time and with the potential of imposed controls and restrictions with substitution still required in the future
- If an Authorisation isn’t granted then the use of that substance will immediately be prohibited at the sunset date
- Substances currently under threat are Trichloroethylene, Chromium Trioxide, Cadmium, Sodium Dichromate and Potassium Dichromate
- Some potential Processes under threat, Hard Chrome, Chromic Anodising, Cadmium and Chromating